Our client is putting deep energy storage expertise, proven project execution capability, and significant capital to work to help make the energy transition a reality.
The business is sponsored by leading hedge fund. Together, the business capitalizes to build, own, operate and trade products from our portfolio of energy storage assets.
The company's fleet of assets in operation or construction includes the largest energy storage fleet in Texas and one of the largest development pipelines in the country – totaling over 11,000 megawatts.
- This position will lead a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and passionate team focused on supporting and servicing our customer’s assets with the goal of maximizing their profitability and value
- Responsibilities include the following, however, other duties may be assigned as needed;
- Set direction of the Asset Optimization (AO) strategy, in close collaboration with the O&M Leadership and other senior leaders both in and outside of AO
- Engage O&M Leadership and others in the organization to safely operate the fleet and to create and implement new business and service offerings
- Establish and maintain processes to meet safety, compliance, and operational objectives
- Strengthen customer relationships, ensuring an in-depth understanding of the customer's wants and needs
- Recruit, develop, train and continue to grow the Asset Optimization (AO) team to identify and realize the most value of our customer’s assets
- Manage and coach team members to meet objectives and goals
- Draft and implement operational protocols, processes, procedures and programs
- Oversee the design and implementation of predictive models and algorithms
- Facilitate organizational issue resolution internally and externally
- Establish and maintain monitoring plan for health and financial wherewithal of the contracted facilities
- Oversee investigations to evaluate and develop corrective actions to address adverse trends
Innovative, with a vision of the future of the Asset Optimization team, to plan, strategize, and execute
Commercial mindset, strong prioritization, communication, and organizational skills
Functional understanding of operating in a medium impact NERC/CIP environment
A strong understanding and commitment to Quality Management Systems and Programs
A thorough, demonstrated knowledge of energy facility operations, O&M contracts, and management methods that are necessary to control and improve the business
Understanding of budgets, bid proposals, contract evaluation, and basic accounting principles, plant economics, and power pool and energy market operations
Analyze and interpret data to make sound professional judgements and recommendations
Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire, manage and motivate people to action through their influence
Experience with developing and implement plans to attract, develop, mentor, and retain talent
Intimate knowledge of the energy market, and the ability to stay current with changing technologies, regulations, and trends
Ability to develop and nurture professional relationships with customer representatives, government representatives, and others
Financial and operational knowledge, as well as knowledge of regulations, policy and procedures that affect the Asset Optimization team and the Company
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or commensurate experience overseeing production facilities, Risks and Reliability and Asset Optimization
Strong financial acumen- FP&A experience a big PLUS!
- $120-140k base plus large bonus
Austin, Texas (preferred but open to remote for right candidate)